It’s Good to Know Why You Bother
- Why bother being civil in a world where research states that:
- 69% of respondents view the government as uncivil
- 63% think that the American public is not civil
- 63% also view the media as uncivil
- A world where personal dignity is diminishing and vulgarity is now the norm. A world in which research now tells us that our children age 3-4 use vulgarity as the rising “normal”
- Why bother being peaceful in a world that looks like it’s going to hell in a hand basket? A world that spends billions on warfare?
- Why bother acting with integrity and honesty in your relationships in a world that tells us fidelity and honesty is futile, unlikely and optional?
- Why bother being financially responsible and mature when our government and financial leaders are not?
- Why bother in a world that considers violence harmless entertainment for our children despite much research to the contrary?
- Why bother taking a stand for peace when the news is filled with increasing violence? Or, for that matter, when “the land of the free and the brave” now resorts to hidden, degrading, and illegal acts of torture?
Etc. Etc. Etc.
It’s good to know why you might bother to take the time to do something. Why make an effort, when clearly there are others who do not. As each year comes to a close and a New Year approaches I always reassess how I spend my time and attention. I ask myself, “Why do I take the trouble to spend my time the way I do? Why do I bother?” Here’s why I do. I know that …
Everything & Everyone Are Connected
We are all swimming in the same psychic soup. Our behavior, emotions and thoughts have a far reaching effect, for better or worse. What do mine add to the cosmic soup? Did you know that what used to be just called prayer is now being researched as “the effects of non-local consciousness.” Researchers explore the mystery of consciousness and say,”Something unknown is doing something, we don’t yet know how or what.”
- The mystics of every wisdom tradition and native culture have always known this.
- Cutting edge science is now admitting this as well. Are you familiar with the Research of Global Consciousness Project at Princeton University? More than ten years of research is demonstrating that when large numbers of people are focused on something, random number event generators spread around the globe begin to produce non-random numbers.
- Are you aware of the term Quantum Entanglement? “In quantum physics, entangled particles remain connected somehow, after being separated, so that actions performed on one affect the other, even when the particles are separated by great distances.”
- Depth psychologists know that we all share information and connection through what they call the Collective Unconscious
Why Bother ? My Answer: Be A Healthy Cell
I am an intuitive, right-brained person. I tend to perceive information in metaphors, pictures and analogies. I am not a cell biologist, so while the following may not be 100% literally accurate on their terms, it works as an analogy for me. The best way to explain why I bother is in the image of the SoulCollage® you see here. I understand that the more healthy cells there are in a body, the healthier the body. The cells you see in this SoulCollage® are healthy white blood cells. I am told there will always be some cancer cells circulating in any body. That is normal. But as long as there are more healthy cells vibrating strong signals, the healthy cells will not be overtaken, and health will be the norm. It is the job of white blood cells to help fight malignant diseases. When the integrity of healthy cells weakens the body becomes very vulnerable.
Humanity needs as many healthy cells as possible vibrating and sending our healthy, hopeful signals out into the world right now. We need people to take a stand for their own wellbeing and to do what it takes. We need to work to reestablish peace, integrity and dignity in our homes and personal lives and then bring that integrity into the community in any way we can. We need to exert some effort to combat the growing cancer that is destroying us. (See previous post: Hope With Muscle) We need to use efforts of “non-local consciousness.”
We need to pray hard. We need to work on ourselves first before we point the finger at others. (See previous post with the animation I Am Also That) We can learn the methods that will help us carry a more peaceful, relaxed vibration. We can practice tried and true wisdom that will make our prayers more effective.
Please Bother. Be a Healthy Cell.
If you are interested in learning more about SoulCollage® in the New Year consider joining us for SoulCollage® workshops. Click on links below to learn more.
Please remember to Share, Like, Pin, Tweet & Comment. It Helps!